Tuesday, 12 August 2014

"You're Only Given One Little Spark Of Madness, You Mustn't Lose It"

ROBIN WILLIAMS



I am so emotional at this time, even though I didn't know this great and iconic man I still feel so touched by his unfortunate and tragic death.

His films have touched many people across the whole world and I can definitely say they have touched me in ways many actors/actresses cannot!

This magnificent man has created some spectacular films including:

GOOD WILL HUNTING

JUMANJI

BICENTENNIAL MAN

MRS DOUBTFIRE

...and the most loved... ALADDIN!

Obviously there are many more!

Many of his films mean a lot to me, Mrs Doubtfire brings back some amazing memories from my childhood as well as Bicentennial Man, which can I just say is one of THE most well made and emotional films I have ever watched!

This man was a real inspiration for many people and it is such a shame depression is the thing that killed him. Depression is nothing to be afraid or ashamed of, there is always help and support no matter what any individual thinks!

On a more personal note...
Depression is something very close to my heart and when I found out about this incredible man sadly passing it really made me realise that even the most successful people aren't always so successful inside. Please remember you may feel or look good on the outside but the inside counts just as much as the outside!

Now for some memorabilia of this insanely talented man:

Mrs. Doubtfire

""Dear Mrs. Doubtfire, two months ago, my mom and dad decided to separate. Now they live in different houses. My brother Andrew says that we aren't to be a family anymore. Is this true? Did I lose my family? Is there anything I can do to get my parents back together? Sincerely, Katie McCormick." 
...Oh, my dear Katie. You know, some parents, when they're angry, they get along much better when they don't live together. They don't fight all the time, and they can become better people, and much better mummies and daddies for you...Just because they don't love each other anymore, doesn't mean that they don't love you...But if there's love, dear... those are the ties that bind, and you'll have a family in your heart, forever. All my love to you, poppet, you're going to be all right... bye-bye.

Bicentennial Man

"That you can lose yourself. Everything. All boundaries. All time. That two bodies can become so mixed up, that you don't know who's who or what's what. And just when the sweet confusion is so intense you think you're gonna die... you kind of do. Leaving you alone in your separate body, but the one you love is still there. That's a miracle. You can go to heaven and come back alive. You can go back anytime you want with the one you love."

Aladdin

"But oh, to be free. Not to have to go "Poof! What do you need, "Poof! What do you need, Poof! What do you need?". To be my own master. Such a thing would be greater than all the magic and all the treasures in all the world. But what am I talking about? Let's get real here, that's never gonna happen. Genie, wake up and smell the hummus."

Good Will Hunting

"I just have a little question here. You could be a janitor anywhere. Why did work at the most prestigious technical college in the whole fuckin' world? And why did you sneak around at night and finish other people's formulas that only one or two people in the world could do and then lie about it? 'Cause I don't see a lot of honor in that, Will."

Jumanji

"You think that mosquitos, monkeys, and lions are bad? That is just the beginning. I've seen things you've only seen in your nightmares. Things you can't even imagine. Things you can't even see. There are things that hunt you in the night. Then something screams. Then you hear them eating, and you hope to God that you're not dessert. Afraid? You don't even know what afraid is. You would not last five minutes without me."



I am probably forgetting the most important part...to name this wonderful character I keep going on about! Robin Williams, this man is someone who inspired and will keep inspiring people whether he is with us or not! Your name is immortal and in our hearts so are you! Your work will never be forgotten as well as your outstanding self! 

//RIP//

XO






No comments:

Post a Comment