Saturday, 30 August 2014

Moving Up A Year

"Hard times arouse an instinctive desire for authenticity" -Coco Chanel



I know school can be a hard time for everyone but whether you are going to college, university or simply moving up a year, you are always going to be in need of some essentials ...

A pore eraser or primer is essential for a long school day.
I personally LOVE the MAC Prep+Prime Primer

A light foundation or BB cream is perfect for school because, if like me you have to wear limited makeup both (light foundation/BB) are suitable for the job!

A concealer is probably the KEY step to a school makeup routine. It can brighten, cover and eliminate anything you want. If like me you sometimes want to have a more fresher face, cut out the foundation/BB and just go for a concealer. If I miss foundation/BB I like to have a brightening concealer and a covering concealer. 
LEFT: Rimmel Wake me up
RIGHT: Marc Jacobs Correcting Pen


 MAYBELLINE FIT ME POWDER

Powder is ESSENTIAL for me because I have VERY oily skin. I usually use Rimmel's powder but this Maybelline one is more appropriate for school as it has an application already there to use.

BENEFIT BROW TINGS                    
 I have recently been into filling in my eyebrows. I usually just enhance the natural shape of my eyebrow, creating more of an arch to make my whole face look a bit more polished with the powder and a MAC 266 and then after, use the mini flat top brush in the compact with the waxy bit. This is perfect for travelling as well. The wax will make your eyebrows stay on for longer throughout your school day.

This next step is usually an and/or step. I usually apply a little of both, the bronzer to make my face looked naturally tanned and the blush to make my face have a natural flush. 
I'd advise to apply a cream blush, which in the photo above is the Smashbox one because it will stay on for longer. 
The 2 bronzers I have chosen are different in the sense the Maybelline one is much more pigmented than the Bourjois one.



            MAC MINERALISE SKIN FINISH
Highlighter is a step I would usually miss but it can add an incredible glow which will last you the whole day. It also makes your makeup look very classy and polished. 
Obviously you don't have to wear makeup for school but this is if you would...

//


A hair brush is obviously a must for the day!

These Kleenex shine absorbing sheets are an alternative to powder. It reduces the shine by absorbing the oiliness from your skin. And these are also cheaper than a powder.

I think it goes without saying that an anti-bacterial hand gel is needed for school!

A lip balm through out the day can really help your lips from drying out, especially in the colder seasons!
 ELIZABETH ARDEN 8 HOUR CREAM
 Hand cream can really help you just like lip balm can. There is nothing worse than having dry hands. TIP: moisturising your hands from a young age can help eliminate wrinkles. Moisturiser smoothes and softens your hands which will stretch out your skin more making you have less wrinkles when you're older.

 If you're like me and have a blazer the products on your right can all fit in my blazer but if not a little bag to put all the essentials in will be helpful through out the school year!



//

 
Water is very important! It keeps you hydrated and is good for your skin as well! Make sure you drink through the day at school and also when you get home to keep yourself refreshed and awake for after school activities and homework.


Lastly it is very important to balance your time. With having homework and the constant nagging of teachers 5 days a week, I think it is a good idea to take some time out, light a candle and relax!



"Education breeds confidence. Confidence breeds hope. Hope breeds peace."
           - Confucius 

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment