Saturday, 14 December 2013

Tribute: Nelson Mandela.


Nelson Mandela was one thing only; a saviour. 

I didn't know much about Nelson as a person, I didn't really have a thought of him. But saying that, there was one thing that I did when he died. I apologised in my head for not thinking of such a great man.

Some people say he was a terrorist, I don't think there is such a thing as terrorism. I think some people have their reasons to do what they do. I am not saying it is right; I am not saying Nelson did a bad thing nor a good thing. I'm trying to say, that he did what he thought was right. At that time, racism was such a strong weapon. Blacks were: used,  mistreated, embarrassed, violated.

In 1962 Nelson was put in jail for 27 years; in 1990 he was released. Later he became South Africa's first black president.

Suspected conspiracy and sabotage to overthrow the government? All I see is a man who stopped apartheid, racism and became a very well known man for doing so. He may have done wrong, and he may have carried that regret around with him, but his real followers are the ones who believed in him, dead or alive.

He wanted racism to stop and no one can deny it still does happen and it can ruin some peoples lives. But imagine if he...Nelson Mandela didn't stop it when he did.

I stand firm when I say he was the greatest man. He believed in so much and hope, the one tiny thing he held onto all those years helped him become the dignified aloof man he was.





 RIP Nelson Mandela. 

xo 


No comments:

Post a Comment